The World Health Day- April 7th 2011 will focus on Antimicrobial Resistance. I will suggest/request that please try to arrange various programmes on or around this day.
IIMAR has ready brochures for distribution to GENERAL PUBLIC, PHYSICIANS AND PHARMACISTS. We can release it to anybody who wants to use it for creating antimicrobial resistance awareness.
Some other Resources are mentioned below-
Fact-sheet -- http://www.who.int/world-health-day/2011/WHD201_FS_EN.pdf
Slide-show - http://www.who.int/entity/world-health-day/2011/WHD_AMR.pps
A special section on World Health Organization´s website has now been created -- http://www.who.int/world-health-day/2011/en/index.html for more information.
- The R.D. Gardi Medical College, Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh is arranging awareness programmes in Shajapur and Rajgarh districts of Madhya Pradesh.
- The BJP doctor cell in Gujarat is arranging a medical camp and awareness programme at vadodara, Gujarat.
- Centre for Social Medicine at Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS - A Deemed University) at Loni in Maharashtra is organizing a Seminar on the WHO Theme on 7th April 2011 inviting General Practitioners, Pharmasists and village level health workers of Ahmednagar district at PIMS- Loni. The Faculty from Departments of Community Medicine, Microbilogy and Pharmacology of Rural Medical College, Loni will be the resource persons for the Seminar.
- Doctors' College of Nursing, Pudukkottai, Tamilnadu informs that Due to the election in Tamilnadu, they cannot organise any public program on April 7th. They plan to organize a week-long camp on the theme of Antimicrobial resistance on following lines tentatively from 20th April.
1. Inaugural program - Intercollegiate meet for Students' awareness
2. Physician awareness campaign
3. Pharmacist awareness campaign
4. General Public awareness campaign
5. Community health awareness
6. Interschool competitions
7. Theater and drama among general public - Valedictory program
- The SRIMUTHUKUMARAN MEDICAL COLLEGE HOSPITAL & RESEARCH INSTITUTE, CHENNAI is organising a seminar on `Antimicrobial Resistance` with a special address by Dr. Jawahar - a scientist from Indian Council of Medical Research.