Contributed by: Dr. Tamhankar & Siddarth David
- Civil society and Governments or institutions (WHO) should have a Symbiotic Relationship.Civil groups should be used as Ears, Eyes and Extended appendages by institutions/Govt.- EEEs. Eyes and ears for getting information from society; Appendages for spreading useful messages.
- Healthcare worker`s organizations should be used extensively to create awareness. Scientists, microbologists, Healthcare Workers should be encouraged to form local civil Societies to spread AMR awareness.
- Antibiotic residues and Antibiotic resistant bacteria in Environment, Antibiotic use in Animals (both therapeutic and growth promoters), and industrial effluents are a major threat and must be given due importance in policies on AMR containment. Current emphasis on Clinical and human AB/ABR monitoring and related interventions alone will NEVER solve the AMR problem.
- Following “Location Specific Integrated Antimicrobial Resistance management strategy ” (Tamhankar, 2008). And A “One Health approach” (For Role model -see 'Protocol paper on one health' -BMC public health, 2015) is the need of the hour.
- (On behalf of Dr. Tamhankar, Dr. Ramesh Nachimuthu, Joint Coordinator, IIMAR presented the views).